Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Jewel to play June Carter Cash


Well, I'm a little late with this news, but maybe it will be new to you, dear reader...  Singer Jewel Kilcher is going to play June Carter Cash in a Lifetime bio pic called "Ring of Fire," which is based on the book "Anchored in Love" by John Carter Cash (the son of June Carter and Johnny Cash).  I don't have high expectations, but I'll probably watch it if I get the chance.  Here's a photo of Jewel made up to look like June...


Other cast members:
John Doe (of the bands X and The Knitters) plays A.P. Carter!
The Peasall Sisters (from O Brother Where Art Thou?) play the young Carter Sisters.
Matt Ross plays Johnny Cash.
Frances Conroy (Six Feet Under) plays Maybelle Carter. 
Andy Stahl plays Ezra "Eck" Carter. 

I cannot find an air date, so I guess they're still figuring that out.

If you've been a regular reader here, then you know there is also a documentary on the Carters and Cashes coming out later this year...
"The Winding Stream." 
What a good year for Carter Family fans!

No comments: